PE - Our PE day is a Wednesday. Please come in in your PE kit.
Homework- Homework will be sent home on a Friday and is due back by the following Thursday.
Reading Books- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Thursday and Library books will be changed Every Friday. Please bring reading books to school daily.
Teacher- Mrs Roberts
Teaching Assistant - Mrs David
Well done to this week's vision award winner - Rosie for her positive attitude which has made a real difference to her learning this week.
Our Weekly Learning -Take a look at what we have been doing!
- In maths we have been adding two digit numbers and one digit numbers.
- In English we have been been planning and writing our own traditional tales.
- In geography we have been looking at maps of our local area and planning a route.
- In RE we looked at how Christians show thanks to God for the creation.
- In science we have been looking at the properties of materials and investigating which material is best for making curtains.
- In computing we are using a programme to sort materials.
- In PE we have been practising our dribbling, passing and goal keeping skills.
- We have also been doing some maths, reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling assessments.
- In English we have been looking at 'Traditional Tales' and retelling them using a story map.
- In maths we have been adding and subtracting ten.
- In geography we looked at different types of maps. We used the four basic compass points to locate things on a map.
- In RE we have been retelling the creation story.
- In maths we have been looking at related facts.
- In English we have been using descriptive language to describe an animal and also writing an information text.
- In science we have been learning about everyday materials and identifying and classifying objects.
- In ICT we have been looking at algorithms and designing our own series of instructions as a sequence.
- In maths we have been looking at fact families.
- In English we have been writing about our half term.
- In Music we have been practising keeping a beat.
- In PSHE we looked at how we show we are a good friend and how it makes us feel.
- We really enjoyed our drama workshop, we acting out the story of 'The Sword and the Stone'
- In maths we have been counting in 2s., 5s, 10s and 3s.
- In English and history we have been writing diary entries.
- In science we have been looking at how we keep ourselves healthy.
- In history we also looked at how the past has changed things today e.g. The fire service.
- In English we have been writing letters.
- In music we have been learning how to play the glockenspiels.
- In maths we have been mastering our place value skills and identifying the value of a digit.
- In science we created our own fact files about what a budgerigar needs to survive.
- In PSHE we looked at the importance of friendship.
- In maths we have been identifying and partitioning 2-digit numbers.
- In English we described the bear from our 'The Bear and the Piano Story.'
- In art this week we have been mixing colours and changing the tone by adding white.
- In maths we have been looking at identifying and representing numbers in different ways.
- In English we have been sequencing the story of the 'Bear and the Piano'.
- In history we have looked at what happened during each day of the 'Great Fire of London'.
- In music we have been listening and discussing a song and the music we can hear.
- We have been discussing our 'wow' moments from the Summer holidays.
- In maths we reviewed our place value and number knowledge.
- In English we have been using capital letters and full stops.
- We also thought about our memories of Queen Elizabeth and recorded our thoughts.