Week beginning 25/11/19
- in English this week we have been writing our own persuasive letter to Santa.
- In maths we have been looking at multiples of five.
- In history we have been looking at family trees and what they show us.
Week beginning 18/11/19
- This week in English we have been looking at letters.
- In maths we have been counting forward and back in twos and doing some problem solving.
- We have been retelling the Christmas Story this week in RE.
Week Beginning 11/11/19
- This week in English we have been writing our own instructions.
- In maths we have been adding and subtracting
- We also enjoyed our fun day raising money for Children in Need. We did a morning workout with the whole school , we decorated biscuits and worked with our friends to complete some maths and English activities. We all had great fun with our teddies!
- We will be sequencing instructions this week in English and beginning to plan our own set of instructions.
- In maths we are looking at using known addition and subtraction facts to solve calculations.
- In science we are looking at exercise and keeping fit and healthy.
- In English this week we have been giving and listening to instructions.
- In maths we have been adding and subtracting tens numbers.
- In computing we looked algorithms and we had a go at writing our own.
- We are looking at number bonds this week in maths (A recommended website is Topmarks and a game called hit the button is very good for practising number bonds.)
- In English we are looking at colour poems. we will be reciting a poem as a class and also writing our own colour poems.
- In our science lesson we will be designing our own healthy menu.
- In maths this week we will be looking at 2d shapes.
- We will be writing our own information texts this week in English.
- In RE we will be listening to hymns and discussing what Christians can learn about God from them.
In maths we looked at 2d shapes and lines of symmetry. We cut out shapes and then folded them so we could see the lines of symmetry. We then drew the lines on.
- In English this week we are researching gorillas using different sources.
- This week in Maths we are subtracting using a number line.
- In geography this week we are looking at the local area.
Our class went on a walk around the village so that we can compare it to a town.
- This week in English we have been writing our own version of the Anthony Browne story 'Gorilla'
- In maths this week we have been adding using a number line
- In ICT we learnt how to change the font colour, size and type. We also learnt how to save a document.
- This week in English we have been filming ourselves retelling Anthony Browne's story 'Gorilla'.
- This week in Maths we have been ordering and comparing numbers.
- In RE we have read the Bible story of Jonah.
- We have been exploring where we live in the world in Geography.
Week Beginning 09/09/19
- This week in English we have been reading and discussing a variety of Anthony Browne books.
- This week in Maths we have been counting on and back and finding one less and one more than a number.
- This week in Geography we have been learning about the countries in the United Kingdom.