Pupil premium grant
The pupil premium grant is additional government funding which is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years. In 2018 - 2019 the pupil premium grant was over £1000 per pupil, which comes direct to the school.
The pupil premium grant remains with the pupil for six years from their first period of entitlement. This is a significant proportion of additional funding for our school. There is a low uptake of pupil premium grants, with many children entitled to grants that are not being claimed. Please help us to address this by seeing if your child is eligible to receive this grant.
You can find out on our school website how the money we receive through pupil premium grants is used to positively support our students.
If you are between jobs or even just experiencing a short break in employment, your child may be eligible to receive the pupil premium grant. Please apply now if you and your spouse or partner are receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual household income of less than £16,190.How do I apply? We can help if you need dates and information on the process. If you require further information on whether your child may be eligible or would like an application form, please contact the local authority.
Please look at the documents below to see the impact of Pupil Premium in our school.