Week beginning 16/03/2020
- In maths we will be adding and subtracting 2-digit number to and from 2-digit numbers.
- In English we will be practicing some punctuation and grammar such apostrophes for possession and adverbs.
- In science we will be looking at the suitability of everyday materials.
Week Beginning 09/03/2020
- This week we will be doing English, reading and maths assessments.
Week beginning 02/03/2020
- In English this week we will be looking at different types of poems. We will be reciting some poems and writing our own.
- We are looking at equivalent fractions in maths. we will also be looking at time.
- In history this week we will be looking at Florence Nightingale's later life.
Week beginning 24/02/2020
- In English this week we will be exploring Shrove Tuesday and how it is celebrated around the world. We will be writing our own information text about Shrove Tuesday and pancakes.
- In Maths we will be looking at fractions. We will be finding fractions of shapes and numbers.
- For our History lessons we will be comparing hospitals in the past and how they have changed over time.
- We will also be doing some outside learning, looking after the allotment and all the things we planted.
Week beginning 10/02/2020
- We have been reading and constructing pictograms this week in our maths lessons.
- In English we have been writing our own traditional tales.
- In RE we have been writing our own prayers and discussing the meaning of the Bible story of Jesus and The Healing of a Lepar.
Week beginning 03/02/2020
- In English this week we have been writing our own newspaper reports.
- In our History lesson we looked at the conditions of the hospital in Scutari when Florence Nightingale arrived there.
- In Science we went outside to look at micro habitats.
Week Beginning 20/01/2020
- In maths this week we will continue to look at division and how to use different methods to solve problems.
- In English we are going to be debating and giving our own opinions and then writing letters.
- In science we are looking at habitats. See below our photo's from our walk around our school grounds to find habitats and what might live there.
Week beginning 13/01/2020
- We have been dividing this week. We have been sharing into equal groups using cubes and counters and also drawing pictures.
- We have been comparing the story character of the big bad wolf this week. we have used the traditional tale and 'The True Story of the Three Little Pigs'
- In RE this week we looked at the gifts that Christians believe God gave us and which ones are the best gifts. we also read the story Luke 11:9-13
Week beginning 06/01/2020
- In English this week we have been looking at Traditional tales. We have read different versions of 'The Three Little Pigs'
- In maths we have been multiplying using arrays and number lines.
- We have started our new topic this week looking at Florence Nightingale. We looked at her childhood and why she wanted to become a nurse.
Week beginning 25/11/19
- in English this week we have been writing our own persuasive letter to Santa.
- In maths we have been looking at multiples of five.
- In history we have been looking at family trees and what they show us.
Week beginning 18/11/19
- This week in English we have been looking at letters.
- In maths we have been counting forward and back in twos and doing some problem solving.
- We have been retelling the Christmas Story this week in RE.
Week Beginning 11/11/19
- This week in English we have been writing our own instructions.
- In maths we have been adding and subtracting
- We also enjoyed our fun day raising money for Children in Need. We did a morning workout with the whole school , we decorated biscuits and worked with our friends to complete some maths and English activities. We all had great fun with our teddies!
- We will be sequencing instructions this week in English and beginning to plan our own set of instructions.
- In maths we are looking at using known addition and subtraction facts to solve calculations.
- In science we are looking at exercise and keeping fit and healthy.
- In English this week we have been giving and listening to instructions.
- In maths we have been adding and subtracting tens numbers.
- In computing we looked algorithms and we had a go at writing our own.
- We are looking at number bonds this week in maths (A recommended website is Topmarks and a game called hit the button is very good for practising number bonds.)
- In English we are looking at colour poems. we will be reciting a poem as a class and also writing our own colour poems.
- In our science lesson we will be designing our own healthy menu.
- In maths this week we will be looking at 2d shapes.
- We will be writing our own information texts this week in English.
- In RE we will be listening to hymns and discussing what Christians can learn about God from them.
In maths we looked at 2d shapes and lines of symmetry. We cut out shapes and then folded them so we could see the lines of symmetry. We then drew the lines on.
- In English this week we are researching gorillas using different sources.
- This week in Maths we are subtracting using a number line.
- In geography this week we are looking at the local area.
Our class went on a walk around the village so that we can compare it to a town.
- This week in English we have been writing our own version of the Anthony Browne story 'Gorilla'
- In maths this week we have been adding using a number line
- In ICT we learnt how to change the font colour, size and type. We also learnt how to save a document.
- This week in English we have been filming ourselves retelling Anthony Browne's story 'Gorilla'.
- This week in Maths we have been ordering and comparing numbers.
- In RE we have read the Bible story of Jonah.
- We have been exploring where we live in the world in Geography.
Week Beginning 09/09/19
- This week in English we have been reading and discussing a variety of Anthony Browne books.
- This week in Maths we have been counting on and back and finding one less and one more than a number.
- This week in Geography we have been learning about the countries in the United Kingdom.